[darcs-devel] [BUG] with 1.0.4pre4 extra dependencies fail in Record.lhs:413

Alexei Matveev matveev at theochem.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Sep 29 03:21:43 PDT 2005

Dear Darcs Developers,

I repeatedly get

    fromJust error at Record.lhs:413 compiled 13:20:41 Sep 15 2005

after adding additional dependencies to the patch being "record"ed.
Recording works if I do not specify any extra deps.
Any suggestion how to diagnose and/or fix it?
I am not a Haskell hacker, sigh ...

By making a fresh "get" and manual "patch"ing *ONLY* the things to be
recorder (localized in one file) I can make it work again.
However, if I transfer *ALL* of "pending" (not ready for record) staff
that is spread over *OTHER* files I reproduce the behaviour also
in a fresh repository.

How comes that "pending" interferes with ?computing dependencies?
between recorder and almost recorder staff?

This is a 1.0.4pre4 version of darcs as, of now still identical to
the "stable" repository. Compiled by myself.
Below is a transcript of a sample session.

Alexei