[darcs-devel] [issue159] rollback should not deny rolling back depended-upon patches

Mark Stosberg bugs at darcs.net
Mon Apr 10 12:42:23 PDT 2006

New submission from Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>:

( One more 'rollback' related bug import for today. This one is from RT#459).

####

If I try to rollback a depended-upon patch, darcs just complains:

--- clip ---
$ darcs changes
Wed Jul 6 14:12:49 EEST 2005 atehwa at sange.fi
* changed a line in foo

Wed Jul 6 14:12:32 EEST 2005 atehwa at sange.fi
* added a line into foo

Wed Jul 6 14:12:04 EEST 2005 atehwa at sange.fi
* adding foo
$ darcs rollback -p 'added a line into foo'

Skipping depended-upon patch:
Wed Jul 6 14:12:32 EEST 2005 atehwa at sange.fi
* added a line into foo
Cancelling rollback since no patch was selected.
--- clip ---

I think darcs should, instead, try to raise the patch as near to the
current moment as possible without conflicts, and then reverse-apply it.

#  	   	Thu Oct 06 17:02:00 2005  	jch - Correspondence added

> If I try to rollback a depended-upon patch, darcs just complains:

> I think darcs should, instead, try to raise the patch as near to the
> current moment as possible without conflicts, and then reverse-apply it.

I agree. More precisely, the behaviour of rolling back A in (A,B) should
be the same as merging (A, B) with (A, A-1) (i.e. causing conflicts to
happen).

nosy: droundy, markstos, tommy
status: unread
title: rollback should not deny rolling back depended-upon patches