[darcs-devel] Patchwork Setup

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at divineinvasion.net
Sat Apr 15 21:24:18 PDT 2006

> > A step behind that is to have someone interested enough to mark when a
> > patch ends up in the stable and unstable branches.
> >
> > I guess the final goal would be having the repository maintainers mark patches
> > as being accepted/rejected/etc on the page.  But I don't see this as
> > particularly
> > necessary.
>
> I was just thinking about this.  Could we cook up a post-hook command
> that sends out an email when a patch bundle is applied to automate
> this process?  The hard part will be getting darcs to pass on enough
> information to the post-hook to send the email to the right thread on
> the maillist.

Recently I made a clone of patchwork, so I could start molding it to fit
darcs development.  So far the original functionality of patchwork is
implemented.  The next step is to support functionality like what you
mentioned.  Juliusz and I have talked a bit about how we can modify the
current setup to work well with the darcs development style.  We did
mention a way to keep the webpage in sync with the repository, but we
didn't mention using post-hooks.  That is probably a good idea.

As usual, time is a bit tight, but I'm going to try to get things
together this week.  If anyone is interested in helping me with the
webpage design, please let me know.  Currently I just copied the
patchwork style, but I'd rather we had one of our own.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at divineinvasion.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0xC9F82052 | http://divineinvasion.net/kapheine.asc