[darcs-devel] darcs patch: added make target for generating api-docs (and 1 more)

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Sun Apr 23 10:47:39 PDT 2006

> I don't know what happened to this patch

> Sat Apr 15 20:14:33 PDT 2006  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
>   * added make target for generating api-docs

I rejected it.  I personally dislike markup within source code, and
adding such a target would imply that we want to add such markup
throughout.

As far as I remember the discussion that happened the last time you
submitted this patch:

 - Jason and Eric are in favour of Haddock markup in the sources;
 - Juliusz is against;
 - none of David, Ian or Tommy have anything to say on the subject,
   which I take to mean that they won't use markup themselves.

I do believe that committing to writing Haddock markup in Darcs
requires a rough consensus of the developers, and I didn't see one
happening last time.  However, I may be mis-interpreting the deafening
silence.

                                        Juliusz