[darcs-devel] darcs patch: refactor Repository to allow truly atomi... (and 14 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Aug 2 05:47:38 PDT 2006

Sorry about the last misfire.  This is the real thing!

Here's a fixed version of my refactoring.  I've amended the patches so we
won't have to deal with conflicts.  There were a few bugs that I've fixed
now, one of which was pretty serious.  It still needs review and testing,
but I think this patch really should be applyable.  The fixmes remain to be
done, and should simultaneously simplify the "command" code and make the
Repository framework more robust.  I think this is at the stage where I'll
probably start working on the hashed inventory scheme.  With the new
framework, that should allow truly atomic updates for all darcs commands,
which will be very, very nice.  And it'll both stress-test Repository to be
sure that it works as designed, and give me a bit more experience for the
serious conflict-handling changes.

David

Tue Aug  1 07:45:02 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * refactor Repository to allow truly atomic updates.

Tue Aug  1 07:46:01 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * refactor tag.

Sat Jul 15 22:02:47 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add TODO to refactor unrevert handling.

Sat Jul 15 22:10:03 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * refactor amend-record.

Sat Jul 15 23:16:05 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * partial refactoring of Get.

Tue Aug  1 07:47:26 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * partially refactor Optimize.

Sat Jul 15 23:31:09 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * I've now eliminated need to export DarcsRepo.write_patch.

Sat Jul 15 23:43:19 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * partial refactoring in annotate.

Sat Jul 15 23:43:39 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add TODO for refactoring get_markedup_file.

Sat Jul 15 23:48:37 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * refactor Population.

Wed Jul 26 08:16:55 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix bug in refactoring of get.

Wed Jul 26 08:17:37 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * simplify code a tad in get.

Sun Jul 30 06:38:54 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make amend-record.pl test a bit pickier.

Tue Aug  1 07:49:59 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix ordering of operations to call pull_first_middles properly.

Wed Aug  2 08:37:52 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * don't use DarcsRepo in list_authors.