[darcs-devel] darcs patch: refactor amend-record. (and 17 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Aug 4 06:25:09 PDT 2006

The only new patch here is the last one, about simplifying unrevert
handling.  This change (which was a TODO) recognizes that whenever we
tentativelyRemovePatches, we need to also remove those patches from the
context of the unrevert patch bundle.  This simplifies AmendRecord,
Unrecord, etc, as they no longer have to worry about this.

Next to do will be to move pending handling into tentativelyRemovePatches
and tentativelyAddPatches, at which point the high level code won't be
dealing with low-level details at all.  This'll be particularly important,
since in the new conflicts plan, there will be a second patch like pending
that deals with unresolved conflicts, which will need to always be handled
consistently.  At first, we may just stick these things in pending itself.

Anyhow, that's my refactoring for the day... I am seriously looking forward
to actually adding new features! (first the hashed inventories)

David

Sat Jul 15 22:10:03 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * refactor amend-record.

Sun Jul 30 07:14:09 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix ordering of operations to call pull_first_middles properly.

Sun Jul 30 06:38:54 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make amend-record.pl test a bit pickier.

Wed Jul 26 08:17:37 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * simplify code a tad in get.

Sat Jul 15 23:16:05 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * partial refactoring of Get.

Wed Jul 26 08:16:55 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix bug in refactoring of get.

Sat Jul 15 23:48:37 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * refactor Population.

Sat Jul 15 22:02:47 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add TODO to refactor unrevert handling.

Sat Jul 15 23:43:39 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add TODO for refactoring get_markedup_file.

Sat Jul 15 23:43:19 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * partial refactoring in annotate.

Sat Jul 15 23:31:09 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * I've now eliminated need to export DarcsRepo.write_patch.

Thu Aug  3 09:30:26 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * refactor tag.

Thu Aug  3 09:32:30 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * partially refactor Optimize.

Thu Aug  3 09:33:20 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * don't use DarcsRepo in list_authors.

Thu Aug  3 10:03:42 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * refactor Repository to allow truly atomic updates.

Thu Aug  3 10:17:48 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make get work with umask changes.

Fri Aug  4 06:38:30 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add new test that triggers bug in refactoring.

Fri Aug  4 09:18:17 EDT 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * simplify unrevert handling.
  This change also ends up having to do considerable refactoring in order to
  avoid recursive import loops.  But that's also nice in that it puts
  "simple" code into "simple" modules.