[darcs-devel] Patchwork Setup

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at divineinvasion.net
Fri Aug 18 05:46:08 PDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 11:10:33PM -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:

> >Just as a side note -- some of you may remember that I was rather
> >critical about the idea of having to use a patch tracker.  Zachary has
> >convinced me that his design is more than Yet Another Annoying Web
> >Interface, but actually something that should turn out to be useful.
>
> It's been a while.  Any updates on this front?  I was thinking about
> installing a "permanent" instance of patchwork in the case that
> Zachary feels the one listed in this thread is just temporary.

A while back I rewrote patchwork to cater to darcs and Juliusz's needs.
It looks pretty much the same, but it knows about darcs bundles and
parses them out.  Most of the web frontend is done.  What's left is code
that detects anomalies between how patches are marked on the webpage
versus if they are in the various branches.  Also, Juliusz is going to
work on some mail client scripts so he mark patches while going through
emails.

> Also, Zachary, did you need to make any modifications to get it to
> fetch darcs patches?

Yeah.  In _parse_entity in PatchParser.rm you'll see code to match
text/x-patch.  You'll also want to match against 'text/x-darcs-patch'
here.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at divineinvasion.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0xC9F82052 | http://divineinvasion.net/kapheine.asc