[darcs-devel] [issue247] buggy pending

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Aug 22 08:53:38 PDT 2006

On 8/22/06, Jonathon McKitrick <bugs at darcs.net> wrote:

> New submission from Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>:
>
> Not sure how this happened, but I was running 1.0.2.

You should definitely consider upgrading.  1.0.2 -> 1.0.8 fixes a lot
of bugs and dramatically improves performance.

> I hit ctrl-c when it
> seemed to hang after I did something... record, push, not sure.  It didn't
> give any message except that a break signal was received.  Next time I did a
> pull from that repo, I got a message that I had a buggy pending.

I'm no expert on the pending file, but from what I understand, darcs
just uses it to accumulate a list of things that need to get recorded.
 So, that means you should be safe to delete the pending file and let
darcs recreate it. Although, you may lose some file adds or removes if
you delete it, but those are easy to recreate.  Your repository itself
should be safe.

Jason