[darcs-devel] [issue253] darcs should warn you if you are recording a file with the wrong case

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Tue Aug 29 10:21:40 PDT 2006

New submission from Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>:

Try this on a case insensitive system:

darcs init
touch foo
darcs add FOO
cat _darcs/prefs/patches/pending

Notice that it lets you use the wrong case in a record

It should probably have some way of noticing that while file "FOO" is actually
supposed to be called "foo".  And it should warn you that you are potentially
doing something silly.

Note that this might be related to other case-sensitivity bugs like issue234
(which I have been unable to reproduce lacking the exact 'recipe')

I'll bet that implementing this is easy (just a check in Add.lhs. I'm not sure
what to call the switch for this; maybe extending --case-ok will be good)

nosy: EricKow, droundy, tommy
priority: wishlist
status: unread
title: darcs should warn you if you are recording a file with the wrong case
topic: ProbablyEasy