[darcs-devel] Exporting env vars to the posthook

Nathaniel Gray n8gray at caltech.edu
Thu Aug 31 14:37:57 PDT 2006

Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

>> I don't like this new restriction.
>
> I agree with Jason here.  Any chance this could be fixed?

Without a doubt, but I don't know how to do it portably.  One way would
be to use System.Posix.Env.putEnv to put the vars into darcs'
environment before calling System.Cmd.system, but System.Posix.Env is
described as non-portable in the ghc docs.

Another way would be to use runProcess with the equivalent of "$SHELL -c
'<posthook-cmd>'"  but I don't know how to translate that to Windows.
If there's a similar construct in Windows that would be ideal, since it
ducks the really tedious issues associated with parsing command lines.

So basically we need a little windows expertise to decide how to proceed.

Cheers,
-n8