[darcs-devel] darcs patch: make it an error to "put" into a preexisting directory.

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sun Dec 3 13:01:21 PST 2006

Hi all,

Here's a change in behavior that I think will be an improvement.  The
current behavior has bitten me once, scattering a repository directly into
my home directory, which was quite a pain.

David

Sun Dec  3 12:58:26 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make it an error to "put" into a preexisting directory.
  This changes darcs' behavior I believe for the better.  Often one could be
  tempted to try to put into a directory, expecting to have the repository
  created as a subdirectory there, and it seems confusing (confused me) to
  have instead the repository contents mingled with whatever was already in
  that directory.  Put should behave like get in this regard, in that it
  shouldn't mix the new repo with a preexisting directory.