[darcs-devel] darcs patch: make directory_confusion pass with hashe... (and 8 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sun Dec 3 14:20:52 PST 2006

Okay.  Here's a couple more patches in the latest hashed inventories
series.  The first makes put work with hashed inventories, but breaks put
(I think) when flags that init doesn't accept (such as the --diable-ssh-cmm
flag).  The second new patch fixes that issue by only passing flags that
init accepts.

Along the way, this second patch also refactors get to actually call init
for the initial creation of the repository.  This means that we now have
precisely one bit of code that creates a new repository, which I consider a
very good thing.  And get and put both now automatically accept any flags
that init accepts, so adding new repo formats should be easier than ever.

I also added a framework (completely untested, but less than a dozen lines
of code) for converting DarcsFlags into strings containing arguments to be
passed to a remote darcs.  This should be handy not only for push as well
as put.  I haven't yet made either of them smart about calling apply, but
that's something we could consider.

I guess that's about all.  I'm hungry, and my back is hurting, so I'll stop
now.  In case you'd wondered about the burst of activity, Friday was the
last lecture of the term... and I'm feeling extra-energetic, in spite of
the fact that I still have an oral final to administer.

David

Sat Dec  2 19:55:51 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make directory_confusion pass with hashed inventories.
  I'm not sure whether there is still a bug in the pending handling here, but
  at least it doesn't crash...

Sat Dec  2 21:50:19 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * Make get_tag test work with hashed inventories.

Sat Dec  2 21:54:52 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make replace work with hashed inventories.

Sat Dec  2 22:43:55 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix more incompatible uses of DarcsRepo.

Sun Dec  3 09:32:07 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add some more hashed_inventory.sh tests.

Sun Dec  3 09:37:22 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix new get to not mess up pending (fixes latest hashed_inventory.sh tests).

Sun Dec  3 12:58:26 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make it an error to "put" into a preexisting directory.
  This changes darcs' behavior I believe for the better.  Often one could be
  tempted to try to put into a directory, expecting to have the repository
  created as a subdirectory there, and it seems confusing (confused me) to
  have instead the repository contents mingled with whatever was already in
  that directory.  Put should behave like get in this regard, in that it
  shouldn't mix the new repo with a preexisting directory.

Sun Dec  3 13:11:41 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make put work with hashed inventories (and test for this).

Sun Dec  3 14:08:33 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make get and put reuse initialize code.
  This patch actually fixes put to properly accept and use any flags that
  init accepts, which is a Good Thing.  It also ensures that get behaves
  consistently with init in the future.  Also a Good Thing.