[darcs-devel] Re: darcs patch: use System.Process on Windows, and a few more

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 13:05:57 PST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 16:31:18 +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> >| Wed Nov 29 17:01:44 CET 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>
> >|   * add explicit import list
> >
> >| Wed Nov 29 17:03:42 CET 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>
> >|   * hFlush after "waiting for lock" message
> >
> >| Wed Nov 29 17:06:20 CET 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>
> >|   * catch exceptions in stdout_is_a_pipe

I'm going to accept these first three.  Thanks, Simon (and Tommy for the
review).

> >| Wed Nov 29 17:07:10 CET 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>
> >|   * Use System.Process on Windows

Will defer this until one of us gets around to making it work with GHC
6.4 as well.

> These are due to changes in libraries between versions of GHC;
> bracketOnError only appeared in GHC 6.6, it seems.  So we need some
> configure tests to straighten things out.  Can I leave these up to you guys
> to sort out?

Well, I think I could take care of it.  If I understand correctly, the
fix consists of importing bracketOnError from Workaround, and extending
the configure script to insert an implementation when running on GHC <
6.6.  I could add this to my list, but I've already promised to look
into SSH stuff.  Could anybody else volunteer?  Edwin?

Naturally, the job would involve checking this on GHC 6.4 and 6.6.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.