[darcs-devel] darcs patch: make directory_confusion pass with hashe... (and 10 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat Dec 9 14:24:30 PST 2006

Okay, here's my big Hopefully change.  Unfortunately it depends on a bunch
of earlier patches.  I can refactor it a bit if desired, depending on what
you think of my earlier changes.

David

Sat Dec  2 19:55:51 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make directory_confusion pass with hashed inventories.
  I'm not sure whether there is still a bug in the pending handling here, but
  at least it doesn't crash...

Sat Dec  2 21:50:19 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * Make get_tag test work with hashed inventories.

Sat Dec  2 21:54:52 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make replace work with hashed inventories.

Sat Dec  2 22:43:55 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix more incompatible uses of DarcsRepo.

Sun Dec  3 09:32:07 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * add some more hashed_inventory.sh tests.

Sun Dec  3 09:37:22 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix new get to not mess up pending (fixes latest hashed_inventory.sh tests).

Sun Dec  3 18:08:23 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix hashed inventory bug in add and prevent it happening again.

Mon Dec  4 07:31:28 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * eliminate DarcsRepo.am_in_repo.
  This patch is a Good Thing, even though repair and optimize don't yet
  properly support anything bug old-fashioned repositories, because without
  it, when using such repositories, one can find those command operating on a
  different repository than intended (e.g. the test suite runs optimize on
  the darcs repository itself).  Now they'll fail as they ought to, when run
  on a repo format they don't support.

Sat Dec  9 12:57:55 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make optimize less DarcsRepo-specific.

Wed Dec  6 20:07:01 PST 2006  chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu
  * Improve error messages in push_cmd

  I ran into this because MSYS was munging my repository directory in a
  horrible way. This resulted in a bad repo directory getting passed into
  darcs, which resulted in a fromJust error, which we all know makes the
  baby Jesus cry. So, I at least refactored the code to give a better
  error message, though there may well be a better solution.

Sat Dec  9 14:19:30 PST 2006  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * change Maybe Patch to Hopefully Patch.
  This rather pervasive change move us to using a new Hopefully type, which
  is similar to Either String for storing patches that may or may not exist.
  This should improve error reporting.  At a minimum it'll making easier to
  improve error reporting.