[darcs-devel] [issue123] darcs pull memory and cpu usage

dagit at eecs.oregonstate.edu dagit at eecs.oregonstate.edu
Wed Feb 1 11:32:18 PST 2006

Quoting Holger Freyther <bugs at darcs.net>:

> New submission from Holger Freyther <freyther at handhelds.org>:
>
> Accidently I have misused tailor and ended up creating a new tree instead
> adding
> the changes to the existing one.
> The initial patch of the new tree is 21mb small and if I try to push or pull
> it
> to the old one CPU usage goes to 99% and memory usage to 75% (2GB of memory
> used). It sits there for many many hours without being able to apply the
> patch.
> Actually the merging of these two tree should not bring any errors as they
> are
> only one revision away from each other.
> If you want to try it I can give you the URLs of the two trees.

The URLs would certainly be handy for checking.  I think I know what is going
wrong here. If I'm right, then fixing this would require an extensive rewrite
of some of the data handling code.  Hopefully I'm wrong and you're hitting a
corner case that can be fixed more easily.

Not sure when would be able to look at this though.

Thanks,
Jason