[darcs-devel] [issue125] users don't understand how patch dependency prevents some interactive choices

Zooko bugs at darcs.net
Fri Feb 3 09:51:57 PST 2006

New submission from Zooko <zooko at zooko.com>:

The messages, such as "No patches selected" or "You don't want to pull any
patches and that is fine with me." are confusing, as users *intended* to select
patches.  Also the behavior of "k" is confusing.  In fact, I still don't
understand it myself and I wonder if it is a bug.

example:

<zooko> You were trying to unpull a patch.
<zooko> But it said "No patches selected".
<vincenz> I got it fixe
<vincenz> but it was very odd
<zooko> This was because it was first presenting you with the list of patches
        which depen on the target patch.
<zooko> Oh you figured it out?
<vincenz> if I used "n" instead of "j" to skip
<zooko> kbrooks: "tailor"
<vincenz> it'd skip several at once

This is also

http://otherbugs.darcs.net//Ticket/Display.html?id=78

nosy: droundy, tommy, zooko
priority: bug
status: unread
title: users don't understand how patch dependency prevents some interactive choices