[darcs-devel] [issue126] I wish I could split a hunk in two when recording it.

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sat Feb 4 15:27:23 PST 2006

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 09:10:03AM +0100, Marnix Klooster wrote:
> Workaround: open the file in an editor with multiple undo, remove those
> changes that you don't want to be in your first recorded patch, save to
> disk but leave the editor open, "darcs record" your first patch in a
> separate window, "undo" in your editor to go back to the original
> version of the file, "darcs record" your second patch.  Variations are
> possible of course.  No, this is not nice, but it helped me several
> times.  It becomes even worse if you have multiple files with combined
> hunks that you want to split at the same time.

In the multiple files multiple changes case I usually copy
all files to ,filename (same name starting with comma).
Then I can trim down the changes (with revert and the editor)
until I can record what I want.  Then I keep copying the
,files back in over the original files (with a sh script)
and repeat until everything is neatly recorded.