[darcs-devel] getting new stable ready

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Feb 7 17:09:57 PST 2006

I believe it is time to get a new stable release ready soon.

I want issue67 and issue128 to be solved since they can cause
corrupted repos. I also think issue48 should be addressed in
some way, since it can have rather nasty effects and is not hard
to exploit.

issue67: Getting a tag giving inconsistent repository.
issue128: apply_list fails on some hunks
issue48: malicious patch can alter any file

issue128 already has an acceptable solution, but it drops the
optimization. A patch named 'revert optimization for apply_list'
is sent to darcs-unstable. A "real" fix would of course be
better, but the code looks complicated. I don't know how much
effect it will have on darcs' performance. If no one notice any
radical slowdown it will be fine. Profiling results would be
more accurate but probably not necessary.

I hope I'll get time to look at issue67 this weekend, but any
help is appreciated.

Does anyone feel to do issue48 (the important part of it)?

Anything I've overlooked?