[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Save Context.hs when creating 'dist' tar ball.

Marnix Klooster marnix.klooster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 04:51:45 PST 2006

Taral <taralx at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/31/05, Marnix Klooster <marnix.klooster at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I don't really like the way I solved this; if someone has a better way, feel
>>free to drop this patch and supply a different one.
>>

>Actually, would it perhaps be cleaner to simply remove the deletion of
>Context.hs from clean/distclean and create maintainer-clean for
>deletion of Context.hs?

Yes, that might be better.  But I have no idea why exactly the different
clean-related targets were introduced; perhaps this is related to some
GNU conventions or something.  So I thought I'd just send this patch,
and see if someone else knows more.

For example, I'm not sure what the intended meaning/semantics is of
'realclean' and 'distclean'.  Is 'distclean' just intended for use in
'make dist'?  And should 'make clean' remove Context.hs?  I think it
should, but perhaps someone who knows more about Makefile conventions
can give a more autoritative opinion.

Groetjes,
 <><
Marnix