[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Save Context.hs when creating 'dist' tar ball.

Marnix Klooster marnix.klooster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:24:12 PST 2006

Taral wrote:

>On 1/6/06, Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>

>>So what's the consensus on this one?
>>

>I feel pretty strongly about leaving Context.hs around except for
>maintainer-clean. If neither of you want to create the patch, I will.
>
>--
>Taral <taralx at gmail.com>
>"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
>telescopes."
>    -- Edsger Dijkstra

Sorry for the silence.  I agree with Taral, and will create a patch that
follows the GNU automake heuristic that Taral referred to
(http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Clean.html).  Of
course, following those rules, within a repository Context.hs is built
by "make", so by the first two rules either "mostlyclean" or "clean"
should remove it.  But outside of a repo it is not re-built, so then it
falls in the maintainer-built category, and "maintainer-clean" should
delete it.

I'll document that decision in the patch.

Coming right up.

Groetjes,
 <><
Marnix