[darcs-devel] [issue59] "darcs review" command to review patch patches as if during a pull

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:37:29 PST 2006

On 1/9/06, Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> > Heh, yes.  So it does.  I'm not quite sure how this should work. We
> > could have "y" be the same as "k" and "n" be the same as "q".  But I'm
> > not sure it is a good idea to have multiple letters do the same thing.
> >  So another option might be to have the prompt say something like
> > "Next command?" instead.  Does anyone have any thoughts?
>
> I'm hopeless at UI design, but I like the former better -- it makes it
> pretty clear that pressing ``y'' will Do The Right Thing.

I don't have a problem with this.

> I also suggest that just pressing enter is equivalent to pressing n.

I am a little bit worried about this.  Enter becomes a Quit key, which
seems awkward.  But maybe that is not such a bad thing since it is
only for patch reviewing, not for any real action.  I have no strong
opinion, really.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>