[darcs-devel] Re: [issue31] ISO-8601

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Tue Jan 10 00:38:59 PST 2006

On 2006-01-08, Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Unlike what you have done until now, which was a clear improvement
> with no change to the default user interface, this suggests changing
> the default behaviour of darcs in a way that is culturally alien to
> most people and incompatible with other revision control systems.

The current english date format is culturally alien to me, and probably most
people in the world, and also very inconvenient to use as a filter. A fully
numeric format is much less alien, and the ISO YYYY-MM-DD ordering is the
sanest, because, well, its simple ordering. Next comes DD.MM.YYYY (which is
the ordering used in this part of the world, and just the ISO ordering
flipped), while YYYY/DD/MM or MM/DD/YYYY are just plain stupid.

--
Tuomo