[darcs-devel] Repository.lhs vs. DarcsRepo.lhs

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Jan 13 06:16:42 PST 2006

> Repository.amInRepository
> DarcsRepo.am_in_repository

The former checks whether we're in a repository.  The latter checks
whether we're in a native Darcs repository.

The former should be used as a precondition for commands that work on
both repository formats (native and Git), while the latter should be
used by commands that only work on native Darcs repos.

> Is it possible that this code is part of some rewrite that is in
> progress?  If it's just duplication, then I suspect we want to remove
> the duplication and keep the version in Repository.lhs (but probably
> change the identifiers to match the bulk of the darcs source).

Yes and no.  The generalisation of Darcs to Git repositories is a work
in progress, but both functions make sense and should remain.  If you
want to refactor the code, your help will be appreciated.

                                        Juliusz