[darcs-devel] Repository.writePatch (issue80)

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Sun Jan 22 13:50:06 PST 2006

>> Use GHC's space profiler, which unlike the time profiler appears to be
>> reasonably reliable.

> It sometimes does still change behaviour though, sadly; hence the
> filtering out of -auto-all flags for some modules near the top of
> GNUmakefile.

I've noticed that, but I've found the information to be more often
useful than misleading, once you get your head around lazy evaluation
(and hence the fact that backtraces don't necessarily mean what you'd
expect them to mean).

(``You'' means ``me'' in the above sentence, of course.)

>> You might also check the GHC manual to see whether you manage to work
>> out what the -hr option does.  If you do, please explain it to me.

> FWIW I don't remember -hr being particularly useful for darcs debugging
> in the past.

Thanks -- that confirms the impression I had.

                                        Juliusz