[darcs-devel] darcs patch: add --working to rollback

Olivier Thauvin olivier.thauvin at aerov.jussieu.fr
Mon Jan 23 00:39:58 PST 2006

Le Lundi 23 Janvier 2006 09:26, nanardon at zarb.org a écrit :
> Mon Jan 23 04:09:50 CET 2006  nanardon at zarb.org
>   * add --working to rollback
>   --woking allow to user to apply the rollback to the working copy
>   instead pristine, the patch is neither recorded in this case.
>   To undo the change the user cas use revert, to keep it, he can use
> record. New patches:

Hum sound like I am not familiar enough with darcs send :\

Quite sorry for the noise.

The goal of this patch is to add a way to unapply a patch on the current
working dir.

As my knowledge with haskell are very young, it surelly need a review about
indentation, but it works.

So with this patch, doing darcs rollback --working unapply the patch without
deleting it from pristine/patches list.

It come to me a question, is it usefull to have rollback undoing a patch,
removing it from pristine tree without reflecting the change on wokring
tree ?

Also should my patch record an UNDO patch in pending queue ?
Is --working name appropriate ?
Should my rollback --working move on a new darcs command ?

The new option is not document, if you think it is usefull, I will end the
works ASAP.

In all case, comment welcome.