[darcs-devel] darcs patch: add --working to rollback

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Mon Jan 23 03:17:05 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 09:39:58AM +0100, Olivier Thauvin wrote:
> As my knowledge with haskell are very young, it surelly need a review about
> indentation, but it works.

I haven't tested it, but by looking at it I think you should
probably commute the patch with pending before applying it
to working.  Otherwise, if there is e.g. an unrecorded file
move, apply would try to change the wrong file.

> Is --working name appropriate ?
> Should my rollback --working move on a new darcs command ?

I would personally be in favor of a new command that could
apply _any_ patch's inversion to working, including those
patches that can not be so cleanly because of dependencies,
by merging the changes and doing normal conflict markup.