[darcs-devel] Darcs crashes on GHC repository

Patrick McFarland diablod3 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 09:45:53 PDT 2006

On Monday 03 July 2006 12:17, Simon Marlow wrote:
> On 03 July 2006 17:15, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> > On Monday 03 July 2006 09:33, Simon Marlow wrote:
> >> [ posting on behalf of simonpj at microsoft.com, who tried to post the
> >> message earlier but it doesn't seem to have shown up, so here it is,
> >> just in case it got swallowed.  Also Simon submitted bugs to
> >> bugs at darcs.net, which appear to have been lost, so I created tickets
> >> manually. ]
> >
> > Look, no offense, but how do we know this isn't some sort of
> > Microsoft war against open source?
> >
> > "Oh, look, theres a bunch of bad bugs in Darcs, and it stops software
> > development! Quick! Switch to a Microsoft solution, and all will be
> > well!"
> >
> > Microsoft has done that before, how do we know you're not doing this
> > now?
>
> Are you serious??!

Yes, and this isn't a troll either. I'm sorry, but I don't trust people with
microsoft email addresses, and a lot of people in the foss community don't.

Do I have to go get the mutating penguin troll ad Microsoft put out a few
years back?

--
Patrick McFarland || www.AdTerrasPerAspera.com
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,