[darcs-devel] darcs patch:More SSH stuff

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 22:53:53 PDT 2006

Notes:
 - also includes stuff these patches depend on
 - scrutiny requested... i don't really know if what i'm doing is
   right, and also I'm not running under Windows, so I can't
   tell if my code does the right thing (I do know it compiles,
   but that's about it)

This fixes Windows redirection of stdin/stdout to /dev/null.
The consequence of this fix is that putty breaks (because it
relies on stdin/stdout for user interaction), so I also
threw in some fanciness so that we could exec ssh without
the redirections.

Seems to work fine with OpenSSH and Putty on my Mac.

Fri Jul  7 07:41:34 CEST 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Exec improvements : Windows redirection, and more redirection control.

  - Implement ability to redirect to /dev/null under Windows
    (eivuokko on #darcs points out that it is NUL under Windows)

  - Add exec_ function, which does the same thing as exec,
    but allows redirection on stderr, and also allows us
    to NOT redirect stdin/stderr

Fri Jul  7 07:46:11 CEST 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Do not redirect to /dev/null when calling ssh.

  Redirection of stdin and stdout breaks putty, which uses these to
  interact with the user.  Quiet mode and redirecting stderr are good
  enough for making ssh silent.