[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Improved SSH ControlMaster check. (and 2 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 16:54:42 PDT 2006

Hi Juliusz and list,

(Note: away from home till the 24th, so probably no in-depth thoughts
from me till then)

On 7/13/06, Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> >   * Improved SSH ControlMaster check.
> Eric, this looks fragile to me.  Is there any way to avoid it?

I think so.  Let's reject this patch.

Maybe just having the Windows /dev/null stuff should do the trick, no
need to change the CM stuff.  We might need to rewrite the
do-not-output-to-dev-null patch though (so that it no longer depends
on previous patches).  Note that the latter patch is neccesary if we
apply the Windows /dev/null stuff; otherwise, putty users would not be
informed when they have to type a password.

That being said, I'm still dissatisfied with the current CM check and
would be delighted if somebody would suggest a better one.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.