[darcs-devel] trying to exec() darcs on a webserver using PHP

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Jul 20 04:04:31 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 12:20:51PM -0700, James Van Lommel wrote:
> Any ideas why the PHP exec() call would quit right before the
> "syncing timestamps" part?  Any help is appreciated...

Possibly the windows code to do the equivalent of disabling signals is
causing trouble.  Right about there, we don't want darcs to be
interrupted by control-C, so we do a bit of trickery to temporarily
disable that, which involves some windows-specific code.  On unix it
should be 100% safe, but windows is weird (and that's about all I know
about it).

You could try recompiling darcs with the withSignalsBlocked call
removed (and the following $), and see what that does.  Or asking one
of the windows folks for advice.