[darcs-devel] [issue186] "darcs push --dry-run --set-default some-repo" changes default repo

Marnix Klooster bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jun 9 23:36:10 PDT 2006

New submission from Marnix Klooster <marnix.klooster at gmail.com>:

When doing "darcs push --dry-run" with "--set-default", I was expecting no
changes at all.  As it turns out, the 'set default' action *is* performed, in
other words, if a repository is given explicitly, this repository becomes the
default one.  This seems like a bug to me.  But tastes might differ...

Reproduction scenario, where /tmp/repo1 is the current defaultrepo (and where
there are no changes at all between the current repo, /tmp/repo1, and /tmp/repo2):

$ darcs push --dry-run
Pushing to "/tmp/repo1"...
No recorded local changes to push!
$ darcs push --dry-run --set-default /tmp/repo2
No recorded local changes to push!
$ darcs push --dry-run
Pushing to "/tmp/repo2"...
No recorded local changes to push!
$

nosy: droundy, marnix, tommy
priority: bug
status: unread
title: "darcs push --dry-run --set-default some-repo" changes default repo