[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Save email description file if a send fails (and 3 more)

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 08:22:57 PST 2006

On 3/1/06, Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> > [Save email description file if a send fails
>
> Applied.
>
> > [Add --logfile and --delete-logfile options to send command.
> > [Rename --logfile and --delete-logfile commands to --file and --delete-file
> > [Update tests to use --logfile instead of --file
> > [Move get_fileopt to DarcsArguments.lhs and rename to get_file.
>
> Zachary, could you please give us some background?

I was born on a dark and stormy night.. Oh, the patches.

When a test fails, record will now dump the record message into a
file.  This can be passed into record again using --logfile.  Send now
has the same behavior of dumping to a file, but it has no mechanism
for reading in the file as log record does.  So I renamed --logfile to
--file (because it isn't a logfile in the case of send) and added the
option to send.  So now when a send fails you can pass the dumped file
back to send when you try again.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>