[darcs-devel] patch: make -f a synonym for --force

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 11:03:44 PST 2006

> Finally, the term 'file' very often means for a
> file-under-darcs-control, which are normally passed at the end of the
> command line, and not as a flag argument.  So instead of an flag named
> --file I would normally expect something more descriptive such as
> --logfile or --commentfile or --outputfile.

I'm not crazy about using --file either, but I'm not sure what to call
it.  In the case of record, it is a logfile.  In the case of send, it
is an email body.  We could make multiple option names, but I think
that is confusing too.  Maybe --include-file or something like that?

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>