[darcs-devel] Re: darcs patch: Fix crash when using changes --interacti... (and 1 more)

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Fri Mar 3 04:51:03 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 08:48:43PM -0500, Zachary P. Landau wrote:
> Thu Mar  2 20:45:34 EST 2006  Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at divineinvasion.net>
>   * Make darcs exit after last patch in changes --interactive.
>   Currently, hitting 'j' on the last patch in changes --interactive has
>   no effect.  This patch will cause darcs to exit, making the command
>   more consistent with an interactive pull.

I know there are different opinions about this, but I would
rather all darcs commands _not_ exit/commence after the last
answer. I think of the dialogue as a form to fill in and then
either Ok or Cancel (with d/q). I often want to check what
patches got selected after the last answer, before I continue.
Unpull/Obliterate/Unrecord already requires 'd' (or 'q') to
finish the dialogue (unless you want to remove the very last
patch). Hitting j/y/n on the last patch could print "No more
patches. Press d to commit or q to cancel.".

This is of course just my personal wish. I'm switching to
darcs-users to see if anyone wants to support or oppose this
idea.