[darcs-devel] darcs patch: add --working to rollback

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Mar 3 08:54:21 PST 2006

>> >   * make rollback applying to working dir by default

>> I reject this one.

> Simple question, Why ?

Both the current and the proposed behaviours make sense; unless people
have a strong preference either way, I'll stay with the status quo.

Of course if there turns out to be a consensus in favour of the
behaviour you propose, I'll be glad to change it.

>> I'll be glad to accept this one, but you'll need to rewrite the log
>> message.

> You mean the patch log or the message in darcs code ?

The patch log.  You need to use standard English punctuation (capitals!)
and grammar, and make sure that the log message can be understood
without reading the patch.

> BTW: Welcome back in a computer life :)

Thanks, but it won't last long: I've got 200 papers to mark.  Sigh.

                                        Juliusz