[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Fix layout bugs in GUI (buttons were bei... (and 19 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 19:32:33 PST 2006

Resubmission of wxDarcs code with some conflict resolution and bugfixes

Sun Jan 22 22:57:29 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Fix layout bugs in GUI (buttons were being hidden).

  For some reason, scrolled windows seem to need to be inside of panels
  for them to behave correctly when their parent windows are resized.
  Otherwise they hide the button bars used in Record and SelectChanges.

  Also, slightly simplify GUI code to avoid proliferation of widgets.

Thu Jan 26 00:57:31 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Refactor calls to Rez in makefile (OS X).

Sun Jan 29 01:44:45 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * (GUI) Create GuiUtils.lhs, move tree widget code to it.

  Also, simplify the tree widget code.  This file will provide a
  central place for various graphical odds and ends.

Mon Jan 30 14:44:03 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Remove tabs in graphical output.

  Wxhaskell has trouble when tabs are included in the text to be
  displayed.  We quietly convert these tabs into spaces.

Mon Jan 30 16:35:30 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Add a SubGui flag.

  The SubGui flag enables commands to be run under a main GUI.
  The idea is that wxhaskell's start function really does not
  like to be called more than once, so we avoid calling it
  a second time if a main gui already has done so.

Mon Jan 30 16:37:53 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Abstract the patch-viewer widget.

  We shouldn't care how the patch-viewer is implemented.

Mon Jan 30 21:10:41 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Make unpull, unrecord, obliterate accept --gui.

  This also has the side effect of them accepting --interactive.

Mon Jan 30 22:53:23 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Add a lock mechanism for graphical interfaces.

  Add a distinct lock for the GUI.  What makes this lock different is
  that taking and setting the lock are done seperately, instead of
  using an atomic operation like withRepoLock.  This allows us to
  assign the releasing of the lock to GUI events like closing a window.

  This would be useful for a standalone interface to prevent weird
  race conditions, for example, from mulitple Record windows being open.
  Note that withLock is not enough for this purpose; the lock would
  already be released before the user even touches the window.

Tue Jan 31 00:26:08 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Send darcs commands' output to log (gui only).

  If running in SubGui mode, darcs commands send their output to wxWidgets log
  instead of stdout, because under the standalone gui, this output would
  otherwise be hidden.

Tue Jan 31 02:20:36 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Add a standalone graphical interface.

  The gui code prior to this patch allows graphical darcs forms to be run from
  the command line.  This builds off that functionality by adding a graphical
  front-end, allowing users to access these forms with a click of a button.
  In other words, this allows users to run darcs without the command line.

  Much more work will have to be done on this front end before it is as usable as
  the command-line darcs, but hopefully patch shall kick things off.

Tue Jan 31 02:24:39 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Scripts and makefile target to distribute wxDarcs on OS X.

  Creates an application bundle and a .dmg file.

Tue Jan 31 02:31:07 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Correct compilation of gui code in console mode.

Fri Feb 10 02:58:33 CET 2006  kow at loria.fr
  * Correct copyFrameworks script (gui, osx).

  All binaries and libraries have some entry which tells what libraries
  they are linked against.  Any libraries which are not on the vanilla OS
  X need to be copied into the application bundle so that it will work
  anywhere.  Whilst copying the libraries, you also need to change the
  entries refering to these libraries so that they point to the
  application bundle, and not their original path (e.g. /usr/local/lib).
  I had done this for the binary, but not for the libraries being copied.

  Also, make the copying of libraries recursive.

Thu Mar  2 02:02:57 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Resolve darcs gui conflict.

  Pull.lhs was conflicting with Edwin Thomson's 2005-12-08 patch
  "Don't make merge folders when we don't need them".  This
  patch merges the changes.

Thu Mar  2 15:25:17 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Fix layout bug in OS X Tiger (wxDarcs).

  Seems the solution to all gui ills is to add another panel.

Mon Mar  6 01:44:21 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Refactor SelectChanges.lhs.

  1. Rearrange parameters of with_any_selected_changes to favour eta reduction.
  2. Refactor type definitions for with_selected...changes functions to
     indicate that it's all the same thing.
  3. Separate patch counting with decisions about which patches we should
     consider.

Fri Mar  3 02:38:20 CET 2006  Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at divineinvasion.net>
  * Fix crash when using changes --interactive with --patch or --match

Mon Mar  6 02:07:43 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Fix conflict between Zachary P. Landau's and my patch.

Tue Mar  7 04:20:52 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Refactor output end of SelectChanges.

Tue Mar  7 04:23:03 CET 2006  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Correct gui patch selection for commands like obliterate.

  The gui patch selection system did not reverse/invert patches in
  commands that need this behaviour (obliterate, unrecord).  We solve
  the problem by relying on code which factorises common behaviour
  between the text and graphical patch selection systems.