[darcs-devel] [issue141] darcs cat command

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Mar 7 05:46:21 PST 2006

> Somebody ought to implement a 'darcs cat' command which lists the
> contents of a file managed by darcs.  This would be useful because
> we could pass flags to it like --to-patch (?).

FWIW, I'd use this command in vc-darcs.el.  I'm currently hacking
around its lack by doing the Emacs Lisp equivalent of

    darcs diff --from-patch=$1 | patch -p1 -R

which, I hope you'll agree, is ridiculous.

I believe it should be a subcommand of ``darcs query'', the ``darcs help''
output is already too long.

I also have my doubts about the name ``cat'', but that's the best we
could come up with.

And no, I don't find it intuitive to overload blame...

                                        Juliusz