[darcs-devel] Re: [darcs-users] Re: Darcs check grows out of control

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:48:07 PST 2006

> > I try to be very clear (some would say rude) when I reject a patch.
> > For every patch you send, you should see feedback on darcs-devel
> > unless I push the patch.
> >
> > I do not mind seeing patches multiple times; quite the contrary, it
> > means I don't miss any.
>
> And so what is the status of my patches pertaining to issue79?  I have
> no easy way to check.  Do you?  If you say "yes", then please let me
> know what it is, I'm looking for such a system.  I don't think it
> would be hard to build and I've been trying to find some time to pound
> it out.  I'm thinking, for simplicity sake, that procmail could grab
> emails with patches and fire off a script that adds the patch and
> email to a database.  I bet it would be pretty quick to build a python
> or ruby on rails webpage that allowed simple views into the database
> plus some metadata management.  We could add a console interface too,
> or make the webpage simple enough to work well with w3m or links.
> Once we had that we could add all manner of cool features.  People
> could vote on patches, add comments, download them, change their
> status all from one interface.  Actually, I wonder if it could be
> implemented as a roundup extension?

In our case, a roundup extension might be nice.  But there is a program out
there called patchwork[1] that seems to do a lot of what you want.  I tried to
get it set up once or twice but gave up once I reached minor resistance.  One
benefit of setting this up is it doesn't matter if anyone else wants
it.  You just
need a place to throw it up and a subscription to the mailing list.

If you (or anyone else) feels like setting it up, we could try it out
and see if we
like it.  Even if it isn't an official place for pending patches, it
can still be very
helpful.

[1] http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/patchwork/

--