[darcs-devel] Patchwork Setup

Zachary P. Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:17:19 PST 2006

On 3/22/06, Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> wrote:
> On 3/22/06, Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Anyway I set this up so people can get a feel for it and see if they like it.
> > If it isn't found to be very useful, I'll take it down.  If it is
> > found to be useful,
> > I'll put it up on a real server.
>
> Wow, this looks really nice.  When I tried out the demo before I
> didn't see the way to login and edit patch meta data but I use the
> username/password that you mentoined and I see that it is very easy to
> update the status of patches.  How do you add comments?  I don't see
> the link for that.

I'm pretty sure comments are automatically added when someone replies
to the patch on the mailing list.  I guess we'll found out the next time
someone posts a patch and then someone responds :P

> I like this very much.  I hope it catches on.

Luckily we can use it as much or as little as we want.  The minimal usage
would be not updating the patch information at all and just use it to quickly
review any patches that are posted.

A step behind that is to have someone interested enough to mark when a
patch ends up in the stable and unstable branches.

I guess the final goal would be having the repository maintainers mark patches
as being accepted/rejected/etc on the page.  But I don't see this as
particularly
necessary.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>