[darcs-devel] FOSDEM summary

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Sat Mar 25 10:21:39 PST 2006

> Ah ! Good new, currently I avoid the problem using a post-hook doing a massive
> chgrp -R GROUP
> chmod -R g+w

> Having this setting in _darcs/prefs is not bad, but why not using same
> permissions than the _darcs directory:

Not a bad idea...  Although I'm a little bit cautious about doing to
many things automatically.  The current behaviour is

  Darcs respects your umask and principal group

The behaviour I'm proposing is

  Darcs respects your umask and principal group except if you say otherwise

The behaviour you're proposing is

  Darcs doesn't respect your umask and principal group by default

So I think it might be a better idea to implement your behaviour as an
option.

                                        Juliusz