[darcs-devel] Status of pending patches

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Mon Mar 27 03:00:11 PST 2006

>   Jason Dagit, do not reread freshly written patch when recording.
>     (more opinions welcome)

I don't understand what the patch does, but I do know that it changes the
performance on some darcs operations from "it took GiB of RAM and max CPU and
uncounted hours before I gave up and killed it" to "it took a while but it
worked".

Yesterday someone that I chatted with on IRC encountered that case -- trying to
darcs add a large collection of files, letting it hammer their machine for
several hours (possibly overnight), and then giving up.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm surprised this patch wasn't included
in darcs 1.0.6.

See also:

http://bugs.darcs.net/issue49

Where I encourage people who have this problem to use try the patch.

Regards,

Zooko