[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Tidy up comment for working dir in patch... (and 3 more)

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon May 15 10:59:17 PDT 2006

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 20:25:49 -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> So, let me recap.  It appears we have 3 votes for, one vote against.
> Thinking that I might misunderstand 'consensus', here is the
> dictionary definition:
> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=consensus

Well, hang on a second there :-)

Firstly, as stated in my previous mail, the purpose of the patch was
actually to *reduce* the amount of markup in the type declaration.  My
intention really was not to push the markup issue, quite the opposite,
rather!

Secondly, three developers does not a consensus make.  Moreover, if I
understand correctly, the two us (Jason, me) are relative newcomers to
darcs.  For me to be comfortable that we have established consensus, we
should likely hear from David and the more experienced darcs/haskellers
such as Ian.

Until that consensus is established, I personally shall very carefully
avoid anything that looks like markup in my contributions, which
unfortunately shall be few and far between (as I'm trying to be a good
boy by working very hard on my thesis and nothing else).

Cheers,

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.