[darcs-devel] Re: May I please combine darcs with OpenSSH? (and Eclipse and SWT too?)

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Mon May 22 04:56:09 PDT 2006

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 10:27:11PM +0530, Surendra Singhi wrote:
> IANAL, but IMO absolutely wrong interpretation of GPL. One can even sell GPL
> code, the only requirement is that the license should be GPL.

IANAL too, but the 'one' you speak of here is the one who
receives the software and accepts the license, and s/he must of
course abide by it. The copyright holders on the other hand, own
the right to the software and can do whatever they like with it,
for example offering it (or some versions of it) under different
licenses, in this case GPL + proposed exception.