[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Allow escaped quotes in `quoted' for match text.

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 13:35:34 PST 2006

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 17:18:33 +0000, Dave Love wrote:
> I found that the previous version of this had been backed out.  (It
> would have been useful to know.)

Sorry for that; I had sent a message to darcs-devel and neglected to
CC you on it.

> Sat Nov  4 16:20:43 GMT 2006  Dave Love <fx at gnu.org>
>   * Allow escaped quotes in `quoted' for match text.

I'll have a second look tomorrow morning.  My preference would be for
this new matching syntax not to require people to escape things -- they
already have regex escaping to deal with -- and for the syntax to be as
consistent as possible.  A glance at your new comments seems to be
promising...

Note that this patch, should I choose to accept it, probably won't be
making it in until the cycle after next, sometime after 2006-11-11.

>   The match syntax is documented as subject to change, but this is
>   mostly backwards-compatible.

Thanks for documenting this!

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.