[darcs-devel] [issue330] guidance on hacking would be useful

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Sat Nov 4 13:39:28 PST 2006

We have a developer FAQ
http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/DeveloperFAQ

And some developer Tips
http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/DeveloperTips

You're right that we should probably say something about tabs, but on
the other hand with the test suite checking for it gets found right
away for most people :)

And also, discouraging tabs seems to be common in the Haskell
community so I think it's assumed for many darcs contributors.

If we added a HACKING file my proposal is have it point at the above
links and add something to the FAQ that shows how to disable tabs in
both Vim and Emacs.

Thoughts?
Jason