[darcs-devel] [issue344] More pain with get_extra and partial repositories

simonpj bugs at darcs.net
Mon Nov 13 04:38:58 PST 2006

New submission from simonpj <simonpj at microsoft.com>:

I've just had a get_extra crash in an even simpler situation.

I have repository which I got with
        darcs get --partial darcs.haskell.org/ghc

I recorded a one-line patch.

I tried to un-record it.  Darcs crashed (output below).

This seems incomprehensible to me.  I recorded that patch only *one* minute ago!  Why can't I un-record it?  Surely it should be an invariant that you can *always* unrecord if you have just recorded?

Simon

sh-2.04$ darcs unrecord

Mon Nov 13 12:32:05 GMT Standard Time 2006  simonpj at microsoft.com
  * Use implication constraints to improve type inference (part 2)
Shall I unrecord this patch? (1/277)  [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y

Fri Nov 10 13:31:23 GMT Standard Time 2006  simonpj at microsoft.com
  * Use implication constraints to improve type inference
Shall I unrecord this patch? (2/277)  [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: d

darcs.exe: failed to read patch in get_extra:
Fri Apr  7 11:18:39 GMT Daylight Time 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>
  * Fix a bug related to threads blocked on blackholes
  We weren't making them live early enough, with the result that
  finalizable objects referred to only by a thread blocked on a black
  hole could be finalized too early (see conc057 test).
Perhaps this is a 'partial' repository?
sh-2.04$

nosy: EricKow, droundy, simonpj, tommy
status: unread
title: More pain with get_extra and partial repositories