[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Add make rules for tags files.

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 10:04:52 PST 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 22:11:29 +0000, Dave Love wrote:
> I thought I copied what automake does, which I assume is the best
> recipe, but obviously I didn't before.  I did for the patch below, but
> clearly you can't distinguish the conventional names `tags' and `TAGS'
> on a case-insensitive system.

Ah ok.  Anyway, pushing this in.  Handy feature for developers.

When you make ctags, you get a tags file for vi, whereas if you make
tags, you get a TAGS file for Emacs.  Note that these are just phony
targets and the names are just coincidental with the output.  Note also
that on a case-insenstive file system, these are the same file, but it
likely doesn't make a difference because developers probably don't use
both editors, at least not with tags.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.