[darcs-devel] inconsistent module import graph in darcs-unstable

Matthias Fischmann fis at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 24 04:45:41 PST 2006

hi,

I keep having compilation problems both with stable and unstable
repos.  From the output of 'configure && make' on darcs-unstable:

ghc  -cpp  -package QuickCheck -package util -package parsec -O -funbox-strict-fields  -Wall -Werror -I. -DHAVE_CURSES -DHAVE_CURL -c Repository.lhs

Repository.lhs:1:0:
    Warning: `seekRepo' is imported more than once:
               imported from DarcsRepo at Repository.lhs:56:0-25
               imported from DarcsRepo at Repository.lhs:52:19-26

Repository.lhs:1:0:
    Warning: `youNeedToBeInRepo' is imported more than once:
               imported from DarcsRepo at Repository.lhs:56:0-25
               imported from DarcsRepo at Repository.lhs:52:29-45

Repository.lhs:1:0:
    Warning: `add_to_tentative_pristine' is imported more than once:
               imported from DarcsRepo at Repository.lhs:56:0-25
               imported from DarcsRepo at Repository.lhs:53:19-43

Repository.lhs:1:0:
    Warning: `finalize_pristine_changes' is imported more than once:
               imported from DarcsRepo at Repository.lhs:56:0-25
               imported from DarcsRepo at Repository.lhs:52:48-72
make: *** [Repository.o] Error 1

I am happy to fix this (by replacing all unqualified calls by
qualified ones) and send a patch to this list, but I suspect there is
some way to solve this problem without touching the code.  I am using
the ubuntu ghc-6.4 package.

thanks,
Matthias