[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Make libcurl use any http authentication.

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 07:34:43 PST 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 18:56:52 +0100, tobias at portfolio16.de wrote:
> This small patch enables darcs to pull from repositories protected with strong
> authentication. The only change for existing repositories is that curl does one
> addition fetch on password-protected HTTP resources to determine which
> authentication sheme to use. I choose CURLAUTH_ANY to not break darcs with
> basic authentication, but using CURLAUTH_ANYSAFE would have brought me some
> more peace of mind ;). But since this may break repositories currently using
> basic authentication, I didn't use it.

Thanks for this.  Accepting this.

I don't know my way around libcurl, but skimming
http://curl.netmirror.org/libcurl/c/libcurl-tutorial.html
was enough to assure me that this was reasonable.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon français.