[darcs-devel] Theory of patches and cubical complexes

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 06:04:39 PST 2006

Hello!

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 06:23:01 -0500, Dylan Thurston wrote:
> I've been thinking some about the theory of patches in a more general
> setting.  I apologise that I don't know very much about the internals
> of darcs, but I hope I've abstracted the correct portions in what I
> write below.

As an anxious user who just wants his darcs to work right, I am
heartened by all the recent interest in patch theory.  I confess I
haven't really read your post, but I can point out two things which
might be of interest to you:

1) Ian has posted a very nice write-up on patch theory and where we
   are with handling conflicts:
     http://urchin.earth.li/~ian/conflictors/
   Perhaps it is worth comparing notes

2) We have an entire mailing list dedicated to discussing theory and
   conflicts: